Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Vacation Bible School

This week is a very busy week, yet a very exciting week. It is Vacation Bible School at Immanuel. We've only had one night so far, but it has been amazing. My kids have had a blast, and I must admit....so have I. During our worship times together in the sanctuary we've had an indoor blimp flying around. VBS is a sports theme this year (Lifeway) so we've had the blimp flying overhead. It is a remote control model and is awesome. We hooked it up with a camera and have been projecting the "Blimp Cam" on our center screen as it flies over the kids. In fact, last night we had it rigged up with a ping-pong ball dropper that...well, dropped ping-pong balls over the kids. If a kid got one of them they could turn it in for a prize. The kids went crazy and loved every minute of it. The blimp has been a huge success already. Even as an adult it pumps me up to see it zooming around.

I can't wait until the end of the week to find out how many gave their lives to Christ. I know of so many adults whose lives were radically changed by Christ at Vacation Bible School. I'm excited to hear of a whole new generation being changed the same way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that blimp idea! What a way to keep the kids entertained (and the adults, too, no doubt). I can't wait to hear the report about VBS on Sunday about the lives changed and saved.-Jessica B.