Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Spring Cleaning in July

The Worship staff and I spent all day cleaning out the choir room and music library. We are not yet done, but it was a very interesting day. I found music from 1942, 1957, 1963, and the like. I could not believe how much unneeded stuff was taking up space. Anyone who knows me well knows I am not one for keeping unneeded items around. I'm the guy that throws out the first lost tooth from my children because.....well, who needs a nasty tooth laying around? They aren't going to need it anymore. So, needless to say, the staff had to really challenge me on some of the music. I was ready to chunk all of it.

We still need some boxes broken down and put away, so if you are at rehearsal Wednesday night, perhaps you can get in on a little spring cleaning yourself!

No comments: