Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Leading Worship

I can't tell you how often I am involved in conversations about our role as worshipers in the church. Many often want to make it about our individual issues about musical preference and style, when the reality of it is that we were created to be worshipers. It needs to cease being about us and focus in on Him. Now, with that being said, I do believe God has made us musical for our enjoyment as well as His. If we don't like the music we're singing, it throws up a huge road block in our ability to lead others through that particular style or song. Therefore, we must constantly be aware of the people we are leading in worship and choose music that will both honor God and facilitate worship among His church.

I'll be talking soon about our role as worship leaders and the 1 Year Commitment we are asking our people to make at Immanuel. Check back soon and give me your input.

No comments: