Saturday, July 07, 2007

Twice as Nice?

One of the issues we are facing as a choir is that God has been blessing us to such extremes that we've outgrown our current rehearsal facility. Leading up to the summer, the room has been packed out...and when I say packed out, I mean packed out! What a great problem to have. Every rehearsal is high on energy and that makes for an incredible worship experience. We are praying that the Lord will carry this momentum over into the fall. However, with this comes a need to create a solution.

We are seriously considering creating a second rehearsal time. Sunday afternoon seems to be the obvious solution. I'm thinking that those involved in other Wednesday night activities that keep them from participating in rehearsals may be free to attend a Sunday afternoon rehearsal. It may also lend itself to be more convenient for some of those currently attending Wednesday night. The chance we take is in diminishing the energy level and excitement of Wednesday's rehearsals.

Part of being a leader is making those decisions that have the potential for both success and failure. That's my role, so it is ultimately my call. I'm totally trusting God on this one!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed you received no comments on this blog, so I thought I'd supply: I think Sunday rehearsals would be great. Though I am in the group that will still attend on Wednesday nights, for those mid-week rehearsals I would have to miss for business reasons, I would love to have the additional Sunday rehearsal to "catch up." I'm sure there are many out there who would join the choir, if only they were not required to attend rehearsals during the week. Great idea... run with it!

Jeff Bumgardner said...

Thanks, Anne! I appreciate the input. See 'ya Wednesday.

Unknown said...

We used to have choir practice on Wed. & Sun. I did like the choice. There are times I am really tired Weds. nites. Sundays would be great.

On a different note, I invited a couple who live in the same apt. complex as I. They used to attend IBC, I shared with them that they should try Immanuel again, well, they did on Sunday, they noticed that the worship was really GREAT! They noticed that the choir was showing their worsip Attitude.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

First thing I said about this was cool...I get to rehearse twice a week!! Then Cat said that would be defeating the purpose , duh... Hope you don't mind if I show up at both until it gets too crowded.

Cat said...

Hey, I don't remember saying that, or maybe I did :-)

Anyhow - Jeff, I think this is an awesome idea, for when people have to work or just want the option of a different day. We're with you 100% whichever you decide and I know God is guiding you totally!

Anonymous said...

Having the option of both would be great. Run with it if you feel that is where God wants you to lead.