Monday, July 16, 2007

Dreams Really Do Come True

For me, part of the fun of chasing a dream is the pursuit. As far back as I can remember I have been writing music. And while it has always been a dream of mine to one day be published, I have never pursued it because I didn't know how. I had no contacts. However, the Lord recently hooked me up with a great arranger who works closely with a publishing company in Nashville. Through him, I have been able to get my foot in the door with Peck Music Group. As a result, they just picked up 3 of my songs for publishing; I Believe , All I Need, and My God Is . Wow! A dream realized.

I definitely will be riding on this high for a while. However, just because one dream is realized doesn't mean that my dreaming comes to an end. It has actually lit a fire under me to pursue dreams even harder and to be more intentional.

Dream God-sized dreams. Chase God-sized dreams. Live God-sized results.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jeff! I can only imagine how that feels. Can't wait til some kind-hearted publisher picks up my kids book!
-Jessica Botas

Anonymous said...

Praise God! God's gifts NEVER go "undiscovered." You will always be a success to us... and now to the rest of the gospel-listening world. You are loved!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jeff...

I know all three songs will be hits

kim gustafson said...

Congratulations, Jeff! That is so awesome. I bet it was that incredible accompanist that really made your songs shine. Good for you.

Unknown said...

I knew it would happen! Great, I am sooooo happy for you.I am glad one of them was "I Believe" I can't wait to see it in print.

Billie

theresa said...

it is beautiful to see that you have not put any limits on what God can do through you with the talents and gifts He has given you. congratulations Jeff! and thank you for being such an inspiration to everyone that knows you...
we miss ya!
-brad & theresa

Anonymous said...

Way to go man!!!Congratulations!!!!

Jeff Bumgardner said...

Thank you each so much. I'm definitely learning a lot through this experience...both about the business of publishing and about ministering through songwriting. It's been very eye opening. Thanks for your encouragement and prayers.

Cat said...

I know I'm a little late, but Way to Go! God given talents should always be shared!!