Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Madre

Today is my mother's birthday. I have been on the phone a minimum of 5 times with her today. There are sacrifices you make when moving all the way across the country from your family to follow the will of God. One such sacrifice is being with your family on important days like today. Happy Birthday Mom! Thanks for all that you have done and continue to do for us. I am who I am today because of you. (I'm not sure if that is a compliment or not.) I'll see you at Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
Thanks for the birthday greetings!
It's tough when families are separated but where God needs you is where you HAVE to be.
You'll see your children make sacrifices & separations too.
Yes, I'll take your kind words as a compliment because I'm very proud of what you have accomplished & how happy it makes you to do what you're doing.
Keep up the good works & I'll look forward to that Christmas visit!
Love,
Mom

Cat said...

Jeff, I fully understand what it's like to be away from family, especially parents. I haven't seen my mum in almost two years and she hasn't seen my children in 4 years!! So I pray that you find peace in the fact that you are where God wants you and also where WE want you! Thanks to you mum for doing such a Grand Job (note to Jeff's mum, there's only so much you can do as a mom isn't there :-)