Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Welcome Immanuel Choir and Orchestra


We are in the process of revamping my blog. That's right...even some of the things you see now will change soon. I love change. Not simply for the sake of change, but for progression. I am one that if I find something that works better than what I have, I will go for the change. Why keep doing what you're doing when something else will work much better and more efficiently? I approach my marriage, parenting, technology, and my ministry the same way. In ministry, if there is a better means of reaching the lost and encouraging the saved, then I'm all about it.

Along those same lines, I discovered blogging...and I love it. Blogging has enabled me to get to know more people below the surface. More importantly, it has allowed many people within my ministry to hear my heart, see the real me, and get a "behind the scenes" glimpse at my life. By letting down that guard and being real with your people, I have found you create a stronger bond and team approach to ministry. People will get behind someone they believe in. I believe in my people, and I want them to know the real me, not the facade.

Tonight, we will be unveiling (if you will) thechiefend.com in choir rehearsal. Many of you reading now may be visiting the site for the first time. Welcome. I'm so glad you're here. Feel free to look around the site. Please check back often. You never know what you might find in here. To our Immanuel Choir and Orchestra: I love being your Minister of Worship. Nothing thrills me more than helping to prepare God's people for leading in worship and worshiping with them. Every choir rehearsal we make sure there is a point in which we turn our focus solely to Him and worship. We need that time. How can you prepare yourself to lead others in worship without truly worshiping. The chief end of God is to be glorified. In every situation, circumstance, problem, etc. He wants the glory. He created us for the purpose of worship, which is glorifying God through a relationship with Him. Sell out all that you are and all that you have to meet this "chief end" that He created you for.

My post won't usually be this long, but since we have so many new readers I wanted to give you a view of what this blog is all about. Feel free to leave comments by clicking on the comments tab following this blog. You will have the option of leaving a comment as anonymous or registering your name. If you don't register, please sign your name so that I can address you personally. Thanks again for reading and I hope to hear from you soon.

2 comments:

Bluejay said...

Hi, Jeff...I've never blogged before, but luv learnin' a new thing...a part of me is being dragged into the 21st Century! Am glad you are expanding ministry in this way. Also, I really like the Worship Resources on the IBC site...just crank up the sound & sing while I fold laundry!! And I do love your selection of music...really wonderful for a mass choir. I was doing a 5K this weekend & "tellin' God about my problem" kept my ol' legs movin' :)
I definitely plan to "visit" Jody, too. Bless you, my brother. Your sister in Jesus, Lynn Wilder

Jeff Bumgardner said...

Thanks, Lynn, for the comments. Stay focused and have a great week. We'll see 'ya Sunday, if not before.