Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Coach Bumgardner

Caleb and Abby are registered to play soccer this year. The season begins at the end of May and goes through July. I'm sure you are thinking what I'm thinking...."isn't that the hottest time of the year?" Well, yes it is. But, not only are Caleb and Abby signed up for soccer, I am going to be coaching Abby's team. I wanted to coach both teams, but the need for a coach was greater in Abby's age group. I'm excited to make an impact in the lives of these kids, though I know it will be frustrating at times to teach 5 year old girls to play. It will all be worth it and the memories we take away from this season will be incomparable. Just another opportunity to be a great dad and build a legacy for my kids. By the grace of God, we'll do just that through a simple sport with a ball and a goal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A suggestion from your Children's Choir director at Crosspointe...when I coached 5 year olds at soccer - we practiced getting up when we fell.

They fall all the time, and they lay there! So one whole practice...was to see who could get up the fastest.

I am so happy for you and enjoy reading how God is working in your life.

Miss you and your family too!

Becky Mills

Jeff Bumgardner said...

Thank you, Becky. I really appreciate the advice. I can use all the help I can get.