Friday, April 27, 2007

Family Day at the Park


I love Fridays. Don't get me wrong. I have the best job in the world. To be able to do what you're passionate about is a dream come true. I love people, I love music, and I love God. What more could I ask for than to be a worship pastor? However, I am enthusiastically and passionately in love with my family. I absolutely crave spending time with them. Since Friday is my off day, I get to spend all of that time with them. Today, we are doing something we never do. We are taking Caleb out of school today (shhh, don't tell anybody) and are going to Universal Studios. It is one of their favorite places on earth, and since we just so happen to have season passes, we might as well get our money's worth. Not only is the park great, but check out this place (just click on that link). It is their absolute favorite thing to do.

One thing that drives me is the desire to be a great dad. I want my kids to look back on their childhood one day and know that their dad was ALL about them. Today should give me another star in my crown in the "best dad ever" category.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, Jessica Botas here from choir. Kudos! What a cool blog site! I finally got a chance to check it out.
As for your trip to Universal, I'm sure you got more than one star for your "Best Dad Ever" crown (and I'm sure Joby gets a few stars for her "Best Mom Ever" tiara!). My parents used to take my sisters and I out of school to go to Disneyland (when it was cheaper!) or go camping for the same reason. Undoubtedly, your children will remember the experience with fondness.
Keep up the great blogging.

Jeff Bumgardner said...

Thanks, Jessica! We had a great time and I know that we have all brought back memories from this day. Hopefully it's just the first of many "days out" that we'll get to spend together.