Thursday, October 12, 2006

Show Me the Money

Do you remember what it is like to lose your teeth? Some of you may be experiencing that for the 2nd time in life, however, I'm referring to losing your baby teeth. Our son, Caleb, just lost his second big front tooth. Now, I remember the feeling of excitement in thinking that with each lost tooth I would be coming into some money. But, my payoff was usually in the form of quarters, dimes, and nickels. Not with my kid.

When he showed his mom and I that his tooth had indeed come out, he was filled with excitement as he exclaimed: "I'm going to get $40!" "What? $40?" Well, to his shock and dismay, he only made a measley $5, but that was a stretch to give him. With 3 kids, I'll be broke by the time Ella, our 7 month old, loses her last tooth. Where do you draw the line? I say the front teeth are the $5 ones, and the rest are quarters or something. What do you say?

No comments: