Monday, October 16, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

Yes, it's true. It is that time of year, yet once again. Today is my 32nd birthday, and it started out great. First, I awoke at 7:10 this morning, just to realize that I had overslept. Secondly, it was pouring down rain when I left the house, so I was soaked when I finally got in the car that wouldn't unlock, no matter how many times I hit the button on my keyring. And finally, I had to rush to get Caleb to school...we just did make it. But, the staff here at church had a chocolate muffin with a candle on it and sang to me this morning, I was greeted with balloons in my office and a card from my ministry assistant, and I'm having lunch with 3 beautiful women today....my wife, Jody, and my gorgeous little girls. So, life is good.

Isn't it funny that even when your day starts off as crazy as mine did today that the success or failure of your day isn't based on the events that you encounter, but instead on your outlook and approach of your circumstances? I've had the greatest day, and it is still very early. I can't wait to see what else God has for me today.

5 comments:

B.R.M said...

Hi Jeff and Jody....

Just a note to say I will miss you so much! And I will miss Caleb and Abby. I can't imagine not telling Caleb to put his shoes on every Sunday night. (Do I need to call and tell him this?)

Thank you for all your work here and know you are very much appreciated and loved.

Love In Christ,

Becky Mills and family.

Jeff Bumgardner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeff Bumgardner said...

Thanks, Becky! You are such a blessing to Crosspointe and to the Kingdom. We will really miss being here...and yes, you might want to give Caleb a call on the shoe thing. Keep up the good work and know that we are still on the same team, winning people to Jesus!

Unknown said...

Jeff,

I know it's late, but Happy Birthday from the Schaffer Family!!!

Jeff Bumgardner said...

thanks Lisa!