Friday, October 20, 2006

Doctor, Doctor, Have Mercy On Me

I lead a crazy life. That one little statement pretty much sums up my life as a whole. With all that is going on right now, all I need is one more little thing to pop up....so it did. My allergies have kicked into high gear. I know that it is from all of the packing up, attic dwelling, box stuffing, yard-sale getting ready dust that has taken up resident in my head. So, the whole headache, sore throat, yucky stuff has settled in. To top it all off, Caleb woke up this morning with a sore throat. So, he and I headed off to the doctor this morning.

Why is it that when you visit an "Urgent" Care facility that you seem to have to wait the longest? While in the waiting room I noticed family after family getting called back before us. And yes, we were there first. So, after an hour and 11 minutes (yes, I did time it) we were finally called back. Now, before I go any further, let me say that this is your typical urgent care facility. There were more office personnel than patients, yet there was no "urgency" in the care they were providing. So, we continued on back to the room they had for us where we would wait for another 32 minutes (you know you time your visits too).

While waiting, I had the opportunity to read every picture on the walls in the room, and then some. On one wall, there was a huge statement of service for the "urgent" care facility. It mapped out all of the services they provide their patients, and then concluded with the statement "so, your visit with us will be brief. That is what urgent care is all about." WOW! I am so glad that I came to the "urgent" care facility. Had I gone anywhere else it might have cost me my entire day...(wait a minute...I think it did, anyway). My only hope is that "fast" and "urgent" have somehow become opposites that Webster must have forgotten to tell us about, or my next meal at Burger King may take a while.

No comments: