Thursday, October 12, 2006

FLYING AROUND

I was on the phone yesterday with my new Pastor, Rob Zinn, and we were discussing my coming out to California (ie. the dates, the times, etc.). In the course of our conversation I was explaining that in order to begin our ministry there asap, I would have to miss some time during November, as well as December. We have some prior commitments that we must honor, coupled with moving arrangements and such. During that discussion, I became exhausted just thinking about my schedule over the next 2 months. See if you can follow this plan of travel:

Caleb and I will fly out of Memphis for Highland, CA on October 27th. This way, I can get him started in school and he will only miss a minimal amount of days. On November 9th, we will fly from CA to GA for Jody's sister's wedding. We will fly back to California on November 12th. On November 21st, we will fly back to Memphis for Thanksgiving. The week after Thanksgiving, we will have the moving company here to pack us, load us, and hit the road. We will drive to Dallas for a post-op consultation with Caleb's orthopedic surgeon, then head back on to 40. We will drive the rest of that week to California, hopefully seeing some sights along the way - but only briefly, because we will be on a tight schedule.

Phewww....I'm exhausted all over again. So, now you should have no problem understanding why we are so looking forward to the start of the new year. Hopefully by that time we will finally be settled.

1 comment:

Jeff Bumgardner said...

Thank you to each of you for your encouraging comments. We will love and miss everyone here, as well. I thought blogging would be a great way to keep everyone informed of what's going on in our interesting, yet crazy lives. Keep us in your prayers - and together we'll win this world for Christ! Keep commenting and reading and encourage others to do so, as well.