Tuesday, October 10, 2006

1 of Those Nights

Have you ever had one of those nights when you know you really need your rest, but the harder you try not to think about things, the more things you think about? Last night was one of those nights for me. It started off pretty normal. I sat up entirely too late watching tv, only to eventually crash on the couch. Abby woke me up and told me to go to bed at about 11:30 (which was a crazy identity crisis in my half-slumbering state). I got her back to bed, got my son out of my bed and into his, and finally laid down for what I would later realize would only be about 3 1/2 hours. I was awaken at 3am by my son's spewing of red strawberry/orange Sunny D on our bedroom carpet. Which brings me to my next point - why, when children throw up, does it have to be red, or blue, or green? Now, I'm not one who thinks that a child should become "rat-like" and never vomit. But, why can't they expel a clear liquid form, nicely and neatly into the toilet, or sink, or trashcan? How can a child hold it in all the way down the hall, but lose all control once they cross the threshold of your bedroom? Well, these riddles aren't meant to be understood at anytime, but especially at 3am. To make a long story even longer, once I finally got him to bed and settled down, I was wide-awake. So, I settled in for a night of UFC replays. About 5:40, I finally drifted back off to sleep (at least that's the last time I looked at the clock). Oh well, I guess it was just one of those nights.

No comments: