Thursday, June 07, 2007

Water, Ceilings, and Bathrooms, Oh My

We just discovered a leak in our downstairs ceiling. It is around a recessed light, but I didn't know lights had water in them.?. Obviously, we've got a leak. The most obvious place is a pipe - I guess - in the bathroom directly overhead. Our warranty company is supposed to be getting someone out to look at it. We're hoping that will take place sometime before Christmas (sarcasm-intentional). Gerry Ramos, my buddy in the tenor section, is really trying to help us our there. Thanks, Gerry, for all you've done, are doing, and continue to do for my family. You're awesome!

I'm headed over to Chick-fil-a for lunch in a few minutes. I'm meeting one of my choir members, Kevin Soto. One of my favorite things to do is hanging out with our people. I love hearing about their life, what God's doing and has done, and learning about their families. As a church leader, there are so many things our people can teach us if we'll listen. Listening and learning about their lives gives you an inside track to ministering to them, and others. Today will be a great time and then on to San Antonio on Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff.....thanks for meeting me for lunch today.... it was cool to hang out with you and get Chick fil a...can't wait for San Antonio...it's gonna be GREAT!!!
Sorry to hear about the leak at the house...

See you Sunday.

p.s. thanks for puttting God is Great up..it really helps!

Jeff Bumgardner said...

Kevin,

I enjoyed it. Let's get together again soon...and maybe you can give me that tour of your work place!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the leak. Unfortunately, I'm real familiar with the broken pipe thing. Two days after I retired, I got struck by the pipe monster and was out of my house for three months. Yours hopefully will be resolved much quicker and with a lot less damage. Think positive.