Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Leading in Worship

I received an encouraging email this morning about our worship services over the past few months. The writer of this email said that they had noticed a change in the choir and that they seem to be "expressing worship" as they lead." They went on to say that they are often so drawn in to the worship experience that they are still consumed with a flood of thoughts and emotions when our Pastor comes up to preach. That is the whole point! When we are in the Lord's presence we can't stay the same. We are left reeling with emotion and overcome with a sense of awe. Just as Isaiah said "woe is me" when He was in the presence of the Lord, we too will see ourselves for who we really are when we see Him for Who He really is.

The email went on to say that the one critique they have of me is that I dress too conservative. However, their idea of the way I should dress was to "come out one day in red blazer and shock the congregation". That ain't happening. First of all, I don't do blazers. Secondly, even if I did, it wouldn't be red.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that, I would pay good money to see!

Perhaps a fundraiser for something is in order?