Sunday, June 24, 2007

Prepare for the Storms with a Smile

Now, I am not one to over-spiritualize things - I instead look at things with a spiritual eye. What I mean by that is I feel that I view things on the horizon of reality with God's word in mind. With that said, I believe with everything in me that when God is at work, the Enemy is always working just as hard to disrupt and destroy. In other words, when you're on the mountain prepare yourself, for the next valley is just ahead.

It is often said that you're either in a storm, just coming out of one, or about to go into one. God has been doing an incredible work at Immanuel and we've been riding on the mountain top for a while. We've experienced growth, both numerically and spiritually, and our church unity seems to be at an all time high. In the midst of these blessings I am now seeing some storm clouds that have quickly approached. Several of our members have been hit with various illnesses, many of which are extremely serious. Out of the blue? Well, to us perhaps. But, nothing has caught our God off guard. He is still on the throne!

Wherever you are He is sufficient. If you are on the mountain top - watch for the storm clouds. If you are in the valley, understand that joy comes in the morning.

Count it pure joy!

No comments: