Friday, April 04, 2008

No WIFI

Sorry it has been so long since my last blog. I was caught in areas with no WIFI and was unable to access the online world. That was an adjustment in and of itself. The trip to DC was great. We ended up being able to see everything that I had hoped for, except for one...Ford's Theater. For those who do not know, Ford's Theater is the place that Abraham Lincoln was assassinated. After he was shot, he was taken to a home across the street, where he died the next morning (7:22am, April 15th). We were able to go through the home, but the Theater was closed for renovations. One day...one day, I am going to be able to see it. Maybe when the kids are older.

For those of you planning a DC trip in the future, let me warn you to take your walking shoes! We must have walked 21,074 miles by the end of the week. I have the legs of a body builder now....well, sort of....a 12 year old body builder. But, all of the walking tired us out. However, it was well worth it.

The kids were great. The experience was great. And I look forward to seeing God continue to do a work through our experiences in the lives of all who went. We're already looking forward to next year and making plans for a location.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to even remember what life was like prior to "Wifi" and the internet, isn't it? I think someday we'll be on the porch with kids, talking about "Back in my day, we only 802.11n Wireless on our phones, and we liked it!"... Larry

Kath said...

Glad you had a good trip. Bummer on the WiFi!