Friday, March 28, 2008

3rd World?

We arrived at the Long Beach Airport with the High School Choir tonight, and I was shocked...in a humorous way. It is an airport that is very reminiscent of one belonging to a 3rd world country. I am having flashbacks of Honduras. The only thing missing is the chickens running around outside the terminal. When we finally reached our gate, I laughed as I realized it was in what seemed to be a double-wide trailer. It is in a shotgun room with one magazine stand and a sandwich refrigerator at one end. My head almost touches the ceiling and you can hear the toilets flushing throughout the room. Very funny. I hope the planes are in better condition. Yikes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I grew up in Long Beach -- it was always a 2nd or 3rd class airport in comparison to LAX.

Can you please have Ben email us that he's OK? Rob Signs called him twice this morning (but Ben's phone is here at home). I'm at hughcjohnson01@hotmail.com.

Thanks and God bless,
Hugh

Kath said...

Praying all is well on the trip!