Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday

Something happened today that I've never had happen before. I was trying to do some rearranging and clean-up in the garage when it all went down. I was moving my electric guitar to a new place. Because I take great care of it (dad), it was in the box that it came in. As I picked it up to put it in its new home, the box opened up on one end and the guitar fell out. I know what you're thinking. "Oh, no. His poor guitar." Well, the guitar is fine. Not a scratch. It was cushioned by my left big toe....which is now broken. It hurts just thinking about it. Gotta love that.

What made matters worse is that I was just about to get ready to go to a memorial service that I sang at. So, I immediately had to shove my swollen, broken toe into a dress shoe. Nice. That's a moment that I can't really describe to you. I believe the Lord has removed it from my mind to help keep me from doing any real mental damage. Tomorrow (Sunday) morning should be very interesting.

3 comments:

Kath said...

Ouch!

Unknown said...

Ditto!!!!

Travis said...

A broken toe is not a fun thing. Sorry about that.