Wednesday, April 09, 2008

American Idol

So, I'm a big American Idol fan. I can't deny it. I love following the story of each person, and watching their growth throughout the process. And I really like hearing the songs and different people's take on them. This year seems to be very different for me. What was billed as the most talent-packed season ever, has disappointed in many ways. I will go as far as to say that this IS the first season I can remember having a top 12 in which I feel that all 12 can sing. Seasons past had red-haired crooner dude that I felt like shouldn't have made the top 50, Chicken Little, and must we mention the Mohawk?!

I feel that this year's title is David Archuletta's to lose. While I believe there are more talented people left, he has a solid voice, musical skills, and seems to be leading in the popularity side of the competition, as well. David Cook and Brooke disappointed last night, but Archu seemed to have another good night.

So, my favorites are:
1) Brooke
2) David A.
3) Michael Johns
4) David Cook
5) Syesha

Who are yours?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still steamed about past IDOL controversies. Scott Savol comes to mind. Jasmine from WAY BACK got too far on the show. Daughtry not getting further along in his season. Idol clearly pulls shenanigans in the voting process, to drum up interest in "Sweeps" Month. you have to wonder who will get inadvertantly placed in the bottom 3, and who will get stupidly voted off as this season gets further along... Larry

Unknown said...

I personally like David Cook. But think Syesha is pretty good too.

Cat said...

Sorry I'm late! But David Cook is gonna win!