Sunday, May 27, 2007

UFC 71


It was a very entertaining night of fights as I settled down for a 2 1/2 hour slugfest. Yes, I did it. I spent the outrageous amount of money on the pay per view. But, I had to see the Chuck Liddell/Rampage Jackson fight. For those who don't know, I am a huge UFC fan. This is not the fake stuff...it is real mixed martial arts. Also, those who are not familiar with my background, I am a trained MMA fighter with blackbelts in Karate and Judo. I was also a decorated wrestler with 2 national championships to my credit in college. (Okay, neither of those last two statements are true. In fact I've never been in a fight in my life. But, it felt really cool typing it.)

If you are interested in getting together for the next UFC pay per view, let me know. Everyone can bring $5 each, and we can pay for the thing together. I'll provide the food. Just know that I get in to it. If you're a fan, or would just like to come and hang out, let me know. It would be a great time of fellowship as we cheer for someone to get knocked out.....in the name of Jesus, of course.

6 comments:

Josh Bradley said...

Dude, you make me laugh. Todd and I saw the fight at Bailey's in Greenville. It was awesome. I am addicted. I don't know why I never got into watching this in Memphis.

Anonymous said...

I was really impressed with the blackbelts and championships until you said it was a figment of your imagination. Oh well, we all can dream! I have never seen one of these fights, but am always open for a new experience. Let me know when, and I'll be there with my $5!!

Marcie's Mobile Notary said...

Ray will be sooo into this with you. I'll give him $10 to join you and the others (I'm coming too, that's why the $10). We really want to see you in action (you know, for the blackmail...LOL)
Did you really think you knew what you were getting into when you joined our IBC family?? :-)

Jeff Bumgardner said...

It sounds great. We'll have us a big UFC bash.

Anonymous said...

I saw the important part on Youtube...for free. ha

Jeff Bumgardner said...

Only a true fan would allow themselves to be ripped off for $60 by their local cable provider.