Wednesday, May 16, 2007

EAT MOR CHIKIN

I promised you an update on last night's activities, so here it is. Chick-fil-a was incredible! It has always been my favorite fast food restaurant, and now there's even more reason for it. The cows were out in full force last night and welcomed us to the restaurant with a Polaroid picture with him as we entered the doors. We were taken to our seats located in the very center of a packed out dining room. Door prizes were given away (congrats Brad) and samples of chicken-minis continuously circled our table. I was on the way to being full long before the meals were served, but that wasn't going to stop me.

We had our choice of several value meals (all for free!!!), so I went with the trusty #1 chick-fil-a sandwich with waffle fries and drink. I topped that off with lemon ice-box pie, a slice of cheesecake, and ultimately a fresh hand-spun mint cookies and cream milkshake. No, that wasn't all of the food at my table. That was the food going in my stomach. Phewwww!

It was incredible. What a fun night. We had the opportunity to meet the new owners and operators William and Leigh Crumb. They seem great and are very excited to be in the Highland - Redlands area. I'm looking forward to getting to know them better. Go to Chick-fil-a! Wherever you are located. Go. They are a Christian organization whose chief goal is to honor Jesus Christ in all that they do. We need to support that kind of stand.

Alright Immanuel Choir - you have to be in rehearsal tonight. We have free gifts from Chick-fil-a that we are going to be giving away. There are approximately 40 - 50 things to give away, so your chances are good. See 'ya tonight!

4 comments:

sarie said...

About those things from Chik-fil-A... I think it was rigged. ;)

But seriously, I really enjoyed choir and can't wait for San Antonio!

Jeff Bumgardner said...

San Antonio is going to be hard work, but it will be a blast. I think it will be one of those trips we'll be talking about for many years to come and that will help set our identity as a choir.

Anonymous said...

Chik sand...waffle fries...sweet tea...lemon pie...all good. I think the pie was the best of all. Thanks Jeff!!

Jeff Bumgardner said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Let's go together sometime....in fact I had it again for lunch today.