Monday, May 07, 2007

Mountain Mover

The Immanuel Choir and Orchestra are working on some new material. One of the songs we're working on is called Mountain Mover. What an awesome song. Some of the lyrics are My God is a mountain mover. My God's gonna make a way. How true is that? Have you ever had a GIANT in your life? All of us have at some point. That daunting mountain that seemed that it would be the death of us. But somehow, in the midst of the trial or circumstance, God brought us over the mountain...through the Giant, granting us victory. Everytime. Every single time.

Everyone of us has a story (probably several) of a time in our lives when God sustained us and brought us through impossible circumstances. David - he would have never defeated Goliath had God not provided the stones. The children of Israel - they would have never crossed the Red Sea and escaped Pharoah's Army if God had not provided the dry land. Paul - he would have never impacted the church for all of eternity had God not temporarily taken his sight. In each circumstance, there was no hero who had super-human abilities. Instead, there was man, and there was God. They had nothing more, and nothing less, than we have. Know, that no matter the circumstance - no matter the situation - no matter the gray skies - My God is a Mountain Mover. My God's gonna make a way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please.....I just heard this song on the radio tonight and I must find who does it. Can it be bought or downloaded or at least where can I get the sheetmusic and lryics so we can sing it for praise and worship in my recovery group I lead. Please contact me with info at oviyanda@cableone.net