Wednesday, May 16, 2007

American Idol

After our escapade at Chick-fil-a, our worship staff came back to our house to watch last night's episode of American Idol. It was a lot of fun as we critiqued each vocalist's performance. In the end I took a survey from each person as to who was GOING HOME. Here are the results:

Ellen & Les - Jordin
Sharon & Alan - Jordin
Amy - Jordin
Byron - Jordin
Jody - Blake
Megan - Blake
Brad - Jordin

Alright, now for me. I believe that Blake will be hanging around for the finale. Here's why: I think that Blake will get the little girl and teen votes. I think that any fan of that genre, Maroon 5 types, will vote for Blake. That being said, I believe that Jordin and Melinda are close enough in style that they will split votes. In that scenario, Melinda is going to bring more votes in. Therefore, I believe that Blake and Melinda will meet in the finale next week. Go Melinda!

Click on the comments below and tell me who you think is going home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just watched the results show. Oh...my...gosh. That's all I can say!!!!!!!

Jeff Bumgardner said...

I'm so sad....my Melinda.....I have no one to cheer for in the finale. What was America thinking. I guess my 42 votes last night didn't count.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is just WRONG. Melinda was the best voice and in my book, she is still #1!!!!!

Jeff Bumgardner said...

Maybe she'll go into Christian Music. How awesome would that be? She is a born again believer. In fact, we had her at my church in TN. She was a backup singer for the group Anointed, and she was a lot of fun to hang out with. I hope she goes in that direction. I'd love to bring her to Immanuel.

Mark Rush said...

I told you Jordin was staying - but Blake was a huge surprise!!!

Like I told you yesterday - Melinda was clearly the best vocalist, but I was worried about the young voters who probaby thought that Blake and Jordin were "cooler".