Sunday, May 27, 2007

Drained

Wow! I've never led worship with laryngitis before. I must admit it was a very stressful and frustrating experience. It is amazing how God teaches you in moments like these. As much as I am convinced that God called me to Immanuel it is humbling when He shows you how much He doesn't need you. He is simply allowing me to be a part of what He is doing. Ministry is not a "have to" thing, it's a "get to" thing. It is insane that I "get to" be in ministry vocationally. What an honor that is!

It looks as though I am not going to be singing the national anthem at the 66ers' Game afterall. I have absolutely no voice left after today's worship services. However, I am excited that Anne-Johnston Brown will be able to sing tomorrow at the game. Our Pastor is going to be throwing out the first pitch, as well. I hope he has been practicing. Can you imagine him not even getting the ball to homeplate? Well, now that I think about it, it's not that hard to imagine. But, it would still be embarrassing. I'm pulling for you Pastor. I know (hope) you can do it.

Pray that I get my voice back soon. I can't stand to be without it. I think the kids are enjoying not having Daddy hound them about things today, though. I guess there are blessings for someone in every situation, huh?

1 comment:

Marcie's Mobile Notary said...

you better rest that voice for San Antonio....you and your family are one of the many blessings God has given to IBC....thank you God!