Thursday, January 28, 2010

Writing

I just wrote a song that I feel the Lord gave me. The subject came from a question that I hear people ask themselves often. The question for some is "how do I know that I am saved?" While for a mature believer it may be hard to understand why someone would have this question. But, if you'll think back to the early days of your walk with the Lord you may remember being full of questions as a new believer. While our questions may not all be the same, the fact that we have questions propels us into a deeper understanding of Who God is as He teaches us through His word and the power of His Holy Spirit.

This song actually asks no questions at all. Instead, its message is to provide the answers. A reassurance, if you will, that God has the power to save. The chorus flows from the heart of a believer that speaks one simple truth; "I know that He saves". The world may ask "how do you know?" Well, I know because He saved me. In fact, this is the title and overall message of the song. Below is a simple chorus from the song that gives you an insight into the heart of this tune:

I know that He saves
I know that He redeems
I know that He can rescue
Because He rescued me

I know that He loves
I know that my Jesus lives
Because He made a way from no way
I know that He saves

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.