Thursday, January 14, 2010

8 Days and Counting

The countdown has begun! We are 8 days away from the birth of our new baby girl, Ava Drew. January 22 is the expected arrival date via C-Section. We have had all previous 3 children by this means because of internal issues Jody has, and Ava will come by the same means. The room is painted, the crib is in place, and the stuffed-animals are scattered throughout the room just awaiting the arrival of their new master. I can't wait for those sheets to have drool stains and the rest :0) It is going to be fun. Our nights ahead are going to be some sleepless ones, but blessed ones.

So, Jody and I have begun the conversations of "what is she going to look like? Whose personality is she going to have? Will she be a pink baby with no hair? Will she have blue eyes or brown?" You, know...the normal parent conversations. Because she is a girl, my questions are more along the lines of "will I have to kill all the little boys in her life, or will my threats and 6 foot 4 stature do the trick?"

I am planning on posting some video of her first few hours right here at The Chief End. Make sure you're tuning in to see some footage of Ava Drew. I wonder if she'll come early. You never know. But, being a girl, I'm sure we'll have to go in after her. She's not going to be on time.

Wow! As a teenager, I always wondered what it would be like to live in a girls' dorm. 20 years later I guess I'm about to find out with all these women in my house. 3 girls? Caleb and I are out numbered!


(help)

2 comments:

Jaime Ventura said...

Haha! That's cool. Jenna and I are having a girl too. I've always been outnumbered though so I guess it all stays the same... the name Catherine Irene Ventura. I know she will look like her mommy, maybe a little darker???

Anonymous said...

found your site today and really liked it.. i bookmarked it and will be back to check it out some more later ..