Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Ramblings of a Mad-Man

I have had some new songs birthed in my heart lately. It has been wonderful to be inspired by God's word and to hear it set to a melody in my head. There's nothing like it. Now, it's just a matter of sorting it all out and putting it on paper. The hard thing for me is that multiple ideas seem to come at once. Then I'm left to sort out the clutter. But, I'm thankful for the mess.

We have just over 2 days left until Baby Ava Drew arrives. We are really getting excited now. I can't wait to hold her in my arms and kiss those little baby lips, see those little baby fingers and toes, and know that we have a life-time of joy ahead with her. I can't wait!

Today, we had our last doctor's appointment before the birth. While in the waiting room, a man fell asleep waiting on his wife and began snoring. He was so loud that you could see people all over the room laughing at him. I actually got this on video tape, but my wife's conviction and fear of legal consequences has convinced me not to post it. I think there should be a law that states "if someone allows themselves to look foolish in public, someone with a camera has the legal responsibility to hold them accountable by making an example of them on youtube, or a similar web-based site. To have said camera and not to act is Punishable by Law." I believe that only then will we see a decrease in public stupidity.

Speaking of which, I think we were behind Richard Petty today on the way to the doctor's office. He had the same cowboy-ish hat on. He was sporting the same dark glasses. And, he was driving like he had no idea what he was doing. Similarities - completed. He would stop 25 feet short of a stop sign. Then slowly pull up to the stop sign. Then, stop again. At a red light, he put his blinker on to change lanes, stopped, sat in front of us until the light changed, then turned his blinker off and proceeded to go straight. The craziest part of all of this was we could not seem to ever get around him. What?!

Okay...I'm rambling. So, I guess I'll sign off for now. I'll be posting video footage of the baby soon after the birth. Jody made me promise not to post any of the birthing process. No worries. I'll just post the good stuff :)

No comments: