Monday, June 02, 2008

Exciting Times at Immanuel

I love my church. I love most everything about it. I love our Pastor. Our Staff. Our people. I love the fact that our people want to see people fall in love with Jesus. As a part of that, we want to know what our people think. So, we took a poll of our congregation on April 20th, just to find out what they are thinking.

I don't want to steal our Pastor's thunder, so I won't tell you EVERYTHING we learned. However, we did find out that most people love the worship the way it is. But, along with that, we also learned that there are some changes that need to be made in the life of our church. So, we are looking at many many options. All of which will help us minister to our people better, reach out to the community more effectively, and meet the needs of Highland and the surrounding communities. I can't wait until staff retreat in a couple of weeks, when we will be discussing all of these issues and determining how to implement those new things that will help us to become the church Christ is leading us to be.

So, pray for us. Pray for our Pastor. Pray for our staff. Pray that we will follow the Lord's leadership. I don't want to be a church that offers programs for programs' sake. We can only be as effective as the ministries we offer. Together, Immanuel can see Christ do a work in and through us that will impact all of eternity for the Kingdom. I can't wait to see what's around the corner!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! That sounds like a really cool place to be in the life of your church.

Mark Celoria said...

Hey Jeff. I'll be interested in hearing what happens with the survey. We did the same thing at my church and as a result are offering two worship styles rather than the two blended our church has traditionally. I'm excited about diving into varying expressions of worship each week.

Mark Celoria said...

Hey man. I just started my blog at www.worshipblog.net. Be sure to stop by.

Kath said...

Never a dull moment at Immanuel!