Thursday, June 12, 2008

3 Stripes

Caleb was awesome to watch on Tuesday night in his Mixed Martial Arts Class. They were grappling, and he was caught in a rear-naked choke hold. His face turning read, he somehow spun out of it and ended up on top of his opponent. At the end of class, his instructor, Brian Warren, commended him and awarded him 2 stripes on his belt for effort. He said "this little man fought harder and pushed himself more than anyone else tonight. I'm giving him 2 stripes!"

This brings Caleb to 3 stripes on his white belt. After the fourth stripe, he will be eligible to test for a belt promotion. He was so excited after class and made up a song on the way home. It goes like this:

I got 2 stripes on my belt.
I got 2 stripes on my belt.
I got 2 stripes on my belt and my mom is gonna scream!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Caleb!!!
Love, Nana