Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Week Full of Meetings

Okay...so why is it that when you already have a Big Hairy Staff Meeting week planned, it is followed up by all of these other meetings? Why do those meetings not get spread out more than that? So, I've spent almost every waking hour (at the office) in meetings this week. It's those weeks that when it is all said and done, you look back and wonder "what did I accomplish?"

Okay, I'm through with my whining.

On to better thoughts: We are looking to make some changes this fall in our worship services. Changes aren't being made just for the sake of change. Instead, we are making changes in an effort to grow this church by reaching lost people. I think I've said that before, right? Well, I am getting really excited about the contemporary service that we will launch this fall. It is the type of service that we will have total creative freedom with. Media, lighting, sound, worship music, all of it and more will be creatively developed. Our desire is to win our younger generations to the Lord and fill this church with new believers.

Join with us in prayer as we seek the Lord for wisdom and discernment in our planning. We want to honor Him as we make an eternal impact in the lives of others.

5 comments:

Mark Celoria said...

Very cool about the contemporary service. So is this a new service time or replacing an existing one?

Jeff Bumgardner said...

we're replacing an existing service.

Jeff Bumgardner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JENNI said...

Change is good it means making things better.

SuperWoman said...

I believe change is good. However, keep in mind that most people are resistant to change. I will be praying for open hearts and open minds as you move on in the work which God has called you.