Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It's October 31st!

As a kid, I was really into the excitement of Halloween. I loved going in haunted houses, watching scary movies, and sitting around in the dark with friends telling ghost stories. Growing older, I now have a new excitement for this time of year. Immanuel really goes all out for tonight's community focused event. This year, we will have 75 game booths (all giving out candy...yum), pony rides, a hayride that takes you through the story of the Wizard of Oz, a petting zoo, live music, great food, a hay maze, and a ton of other stuff. Did I mention the candy? Based on previous years, we are expecting an estimated 12 - 15 thousand people to pass through our campus throughout the evening. The majority of these people would never step foot on a church campus. Hopefully, just by loving on them and providing this event for their families, their interest will be peaked in the church and we'll see them again. If not, at the very least we loved on them and they know it.

The primary focus is being placed on providing a great event for the community. I can't wait until tonight. In fact, I'm bringing a pirate, a black cat, and Minnie Mouse with me. I'll post some pictures of that soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a blast and in my perspective there were more attendants this year than any othe year I've gone to Immanuel's Harvest Festival. The band was great!