Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Catalyst Debriefing

The Catalyst Conference was everything I had hoped it would be. It was a great time of connecting with other Pastors from around the country, former co-staffers from past churches, and friends from seminary and college. It was also a wonderful refueling time for me, personally. I was challenged by the speakers, encouraged by friends, and led to the throne in worship. What a privilege!

One of the things that really spoke to me the most was something that John Maxwell said. It is something that all of us know. In fact, it is something that I've taught our people in various ministries for years. But, it was the way he put it that gave me a whole new perspective. He asked "what are you doing that is making an investment in the lives of others?" At first I thought "well, I minister to numerous people on a daily basis." But, then it hit me. How am I intentionally touching lives and making a difference?

My mind was flooded with the remembrance of missed opportunities over the past few days. I was convicted, yet challenged to do more. When my time on earth is done, I want to have made a huge impact in the lives of others...for the glory of God.

Can you imagine the change we would see in the lives of others if we were all INTENTIONAL about making an investment in people's lives? It only takes a word of encouragement here. It only takes a prayer there. Be intentional!

I'll share some other things that I picked up at the conference over the next few days.

No comments: