Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fire Damage

My family has been blessed by God's protection during the recent fires in Southern California. However, there are so many families that have been displaced. I received an email today from one of our own choir members saying that she just learned that her house had burned in the Slide Fire in Running Springs. Lynn Wilder, was actually out of town when the fires hit. She and her husband had lived in that house for 33 years. So, it will take some major adjustment in the days ahead.

Where there is tragedy, God is glorified. In her email, Lynn said that she knew God was in control and she was glorifying Him. I'm sure the coming days will be difficult, but she is choosing to praise Him in the midst of her trials. God is bigger than our circumstances! You see people's true beliefs and character when they are in the middle of hardship. Lynn, we see your trust and faith in God, and we hurt (and rejoice) with you!

I have not heard of any other specific names of church family who have lost their homes. I'm sure there are many that we will hear about in the coming days. Please keep all of these in prayer as we seek to meet the needs of others and bring glory to the Father.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff & Choir: My prayers and thoughts are with Lynn and her family, as well as the rest of those Immanuel family members who have been evacuated from the mountains.
My in-laws left Crestline a couple of days ago - I got a call from Teresa (a choir family member) and she left me a voice mail expressing her concern for them. It was so sweet that she remembered!
Robert and I are praying, and we continue to watch the news for improvements.
Love,
Jessica Botas