Monday, March 05, 2007

Working the Network-Works

In the business world, "you scratch my back, I scratch yours", is a very common trend. If you want something then you must have something to offer. The world of ministry is slightly different. We all have needs in our respective areas, however the team is much larger than the local office. Networking is so vital to your ministry. Now, I'm not referring to the building of a relationship so that you can borrow a spotlight from another church for your production at Christmas. No, it's much larger than that. If you never have a need for any physical product, networking can still be just as vital.

Those you build relationships with are your first line of resources. I can't tell you how many times I've picked up on what someone else is doing and made that my own. As a result of my relationship with that worship leader, I've asked questions, gotten answers, and then the people in my ministry enjoy the results. I've grown so much by learning from others. And not just what they're doing that works, but also what they may have done that bombed. Learning what not to do is just as important as what to do. As we mature in the ministry that God has called us to, whether that be the local church or ministering to those in the community God has placed us in, we learn that we are much stronger with a team around us...both at home, and abroad. Keep your relationships with others in common ministry positions alive, and you will be amazed at the results.

No comments: