Thursday, March 29, 2007

Family Man

I've taken a couple of days off this week to spend with the family. Caleb is out on spring break, so I'm hanging out with them. Yesterday we spent the whole day at Universal Studios, Hollywood, and we capped the day off with dinner at CityWalk and watching TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), The Movie. I couldn't believe it when I bought the tickets. "2 kids and 2 adults please," I asked as I pulled out a $20 bill and a 10. "$38, please." Excuse me? 38 bucks for a cartoon that I don't really want to see anyway? $38?!!!!??? I heard right. It WAS $38. But, it was for the kids so I let them rob me right there in front of the rest of the rediculous crowd of people who were hurrying to give their hard earned money away...just like me. Oh well. Apart from spending all of my future retirement, it was a great day. We really had a good time together.

Today, we are planning on playing a little tennis (that ought to be interesting with a 6 and 5 year old) and then on to the pool. The kids are so excited. Wow. Sometimes I impress myself.

No comments: