Friday, March 16, 2007

I Like Funny

Jody and I were blessed with a great babysitter tonight, so we actually got to go on a date. We had a blast. We went to a great restaurant called Claim Jumper, and had calamari for an appetizer, along with crab cakes and this crazy dish called Jamaican Sweet Potato. It was pretty awesome....there was the killing of an incredible tasting chicken involved. Then we went and saw the movie Wild Hogs. It was the funniest movie I've seen in a long time. I laughed all the way through it. I always worry that the funniest parts of a comedy are going to be what I saw on the preview, but that was not the case with this one. I really enjoyed the whole thing....very funny! We then went to a self-serve frozen yogurt place. You fix it yourself, choose toppings (as many as you want) from the topping bar, and then weigh your yogurt. You pay by the weight. It is really cool. From there we went to Blockbuster and rented a couple of movies. We stayed up until after 1am watching a movie and are now about to head to bed. But, as most committed bloggers, I had to take the opportunity to jump online and blog about our date. The coolest part of the night? Well, it would have to be the part where I had gift certificates for everything, including the movie rentals. The babysitter was also free...her gift to us. Yep...a free date night....always the best date night! Go see Wild Hogs, it's worth the price of admission.

No comments: