Tuesday, March 13, 2007

What's In A Word?

I read something today that has totally changed my perspective on the subject of getting new members involved in the life of the church. Check this out from Brian Bailey's The Blogging Church:

"I used to think of assimilation as a church growth tool. (We call it integration. Assimilation says, 'You will become like us.' Integration says, 'Adding you will change us.' Huge difference.)...If we don't take guests seriously and make it easy for them to plug in, then we aren't being faithful to God's blessings. So it stops now! We're taking it seriously because we want to be found faithful in every area of ministry!"

We have to get to that point in the church that we are "taking it seriously" and integrate people into the life of the church. I don't know about you, but anytime I become a part of something I want to know that I can have an impact. I want to know that they desire to have me be a part of them. We need to allow GOD to change the heart, we just need to love people into our family. Get those that God sends to us (and entrusts to us) plugged into the life of the church and you will see their lives change, as well as the life of your church.

2 comments:

J.C. said...

hey jeff just subscribed to your blog man miss you in ol millington but i look forward to destroying your bracket

Jeff Bumgardner said...

I miss each of you, as well. Hopefully we can keep in touch. Thanks for subscribing, dude! I hope all is well with you.