Monday, December 11, 2006

You Can't Catch Me, I'm the Gingerbread Man

Have you ever thought about what things that seem normal to us must seem like to children? Why are you asking that? Well, I'll tell you. I remember when I was a kid, thinking that my stuffed animals came to life when no one was looking. Those cotton filled furry little beasts gave me a lot of comfort when I was upset, or just wanted a friend to talk to. And that was just 2 years ago (just kidding). Now that I have kids of my own, it's funny to hear their take on things. Recently, our kids have discovered that when we eat chicken, there is a reason that there is an animal of the same name....chicken. Abby has just made that connection. "We are eating a real chicken?", she asked. Just yesterday she looked at me with a milk mustache and said "milk comes out of cows. They just have milk coming out of them all the time." That stuff is hilarious. Caleb is dying to see the movie "How to Eat Fried Worms". I wonder if he really thinks you can. I mean, why not? We eat chickens and cows with milk coming out of them. Why do we draw the line at worms? Well, you and I know the answer to that one. I just hope he gets it before we get a call from his school and go to pick up a muddy mouthed little boy with worm particles in his teeth.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to leave you a comment on the post above. You know, the one with a different name, but same content. You are a tricky one!

Jeff Bumgardner said...

yeah, yeah. I thought I had lost the post, retyped it, and then discovered that this one was there after all. Isn't that crazy?

Andrew N. said...

I read yours when I feel like it. Which is usually never. LOL Do you read my blog?

I love worms they are my favorite, thay have minerals in them that can be good for you.

Anonymous said...

My Caleb was happy to see Abby in class a couple of weeks ago. Hope yall are doing great. Whenever we sing certain songs, I can still hear your voice leading us....miss yall.

Jeff Bumgardner said...

Thanks. We sure miss many of the people of Crosspointe, as well. We love our church, and are very excited about what God has planned, but our love for each of you has not left us.