Monday, December 18, 2006

Just a Word

It's hard to really understand emotions. Have you ever questioned your reaction to a certain situation, and wondered why you didn't react a certain way? I know that I have, from time to time. And tonight is another one of those times. I just received a phone call that my Grandma passed away...just moments ago. She was my last living grandparent...my mother's mom. And my emotions are unlike they have ever been when I've lost a loved one. I think it is probably because I am confident in where she is. God's word tells us that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Because I KNOW she was a believer, I am sure that she is at the feet of Jesus right this very moment. So, perhaps that's why I'm not overcome by emotion. I'm sure that as I get with my parents and family this week that the flood of emotions may overtake each of us....but I don't live as the world lives; without hope. I live as one with hope because of my Lord and Savior....and what an incredible gift he gave my grandmother at Christmas....He welcomed her home!

3 comments:

Todd said...

Jeffrey...so sorry to hear about your grandmother. We will be praying for your family over the next few days. I am sure that they will be difficult ones.

Jeff Bumgardner said...

Thanks, guys, for your prayers and concerns. It really does mean a lot.

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

What a testimony your grandmother has left! Your feelings are a true reflection of the life she has modeled over the years.

I am sorry to hear of the loss, but awed at the mental picture she has left behind.

Praying for you and your family~
Lisa Schaffer