Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Georgia on my Mind

In relation to my last post, we will be traveling to GA and will be there through Christmas. The funeral is Friday and my family has asked that I officiate the service. So, we're gonna do our best. The kids are excited about seeing family, so we are going to try to make it as fun as possible for them. We actually had Christmas here this morning, because we couldn't take all of their stuff on the plane and bring it back. So, Santa came early this year. The kids actually loved it, and it works out in their favor because they will get 2 more Christmases (how do you pluralize Christmas?) when we get to GA. Grandparents have a way of spoiling them...and that's OK by me! So, a very busy week is planned. Jody gave me a copy of the original "Godfather", so I'm pumped about that. She also bought me Season 2 of the series 24. It is one of my favorites on television...along with Prison Break, Survivor, American Idol, ER, CSI (LV), Heroes, LOST....well, you get the picture. She also bought me a pretty cool shirt. I got her a Microplane Grater (she loves kitchen appliances), Superstar DVD, Hurricane DVD, Chris Daughtry's new CD, a Creme Brulee kit, and a pretty pricey gift certificate to World Market. She was pretty happy. I can't begin to tell you what the kids got....my list would be shorter if I told you what we didn't get them...but we really wanted to make this Christmas the best we could with all of the changes they have had to endure. They've been really good about everything. Thanks, again for all of your prayers and your friendship. We love each of you tremendously. And Crosspointe...we haven't forgotten you. While we absolutely love Immanuel, we miss you deeply. Post comments to me here as you get the opportunity, or you can email me direct at the following address:

jbum5@hotmail.com jody.bum@hotmail.com

1 comment:

Andrew N. said...

jeffry, whats up man. I read your blog all the time. I actully have a link to your blog on mine. I love it. even though it takes you a million years to post some times. LOL