Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's Just My Opinion

It is amazing to me, that as Christians, we deal with negative opposition from other believers. This should not be the case. However, it often is. The problem is not that we all have different opinions, but rather that we choose to act like idiots to prove our opinion is the right one. It' all about attitude. There is a right way and a wrong way to get your opinion across.

Take this little test and see what you come up with:

1) Do you know anyone who thinks they're always right?
2) Do you know anyone who talks like they're an expert on a subject, when in reality, they know nothing about it?
3) Do you know anyone that has to have everyone agree with they're opinion, or they won't leave the subject alone.
4) Do you know anyone who always has to convince everyone why "they" are wrong and why "I" am right?

Do you know someone in all 4 questions? If so, you need some new friends.

You didn't recognize any of those as yourself, did you?

It makes me laugh when I hear people say "well that's just how I am". "What do you mean? A hard-headed, egotistical, arrogant know-it-all? Is that you? Oh. Well, then you've convinced us." I'm sure no one knows anyone like that, do you? (Yes, you do detect sarcasm.) The next time you think your opinion is the right one...don't act like an idiot. After all, is being right worth making yourself look stupid?

1 comment:

Cat said...

Wow someone ruffled your feathers LOL. Bye the way - was it me?