Wednesday, March 26, 2008

3:16

Monday night was absolutely amazing. Max Lucado was at his best, and Travis Cottrell led us in a sweet time of worship with our Lord. If you are looking for a worship collection that will absolutely transform your people, 3:16 is a must have.

I was so proud of our choir Monday night. I watched as God did a work in several of them, then doing a work through them to glorify Himself. This choir worked so hard, memorized this entire thing in 6 weeks, and then sang it from their hearts. I could tell they had been living with this music, because it became more then words and notes on a page. It was, instead, worship that overflowed out of a relationship that they have been walking in with the Lord all week long. I am honored to serve with each of you. Thank you for the privilege.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I gave an account of Monday evening to my brother and sister-in-law in McKinney, Texas. Travis had just led worship at their church (Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church) on March 16. My sister-in-law responded that IBC and choir must be blessed to have those kind of opportunities (Travis and the SBC convention) afforded us. They were blown away by Travis and his vocal ability. I checked out his site and it is possible to have him at the church to lead worship. However, don't know the cost.

Bob B.

Jeff Bumgardner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Since I didn't get sing on Monday night, It was great to hear such a great report.
I just want you to know, in my opinion, you taught us how to worship, really worship. This is one reason God sent you to us. I've been in adult choirs since I was 15. I never knew how to worship in the manner you taught us.
Thank you.
Billie

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jeff for all your hard work on this. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday...