Saturday, March 28, 2009

We ARE BUMgardners

We just hired a gardener b/c we felt bad for him. He couldn't find work. He is amazing. He cuts our grass, trims our trees, fertilizes our yard, weeds our flower beds, leaf blows, edges, and cleans up afterward for $50 a month. What?

The crazy thing is that we have a really hard time communicating with him. He speaks absolutely no English. But, he's a really hard worker. And, we're doing our part to stimulate the economy.
Now, I kbow what you're thinking. "If he speaks no English, are you sure you understood the price right?" Yes, I did. I had an interpreter with me the first time we spoke.

Oh yeah...and his name is Gustavvo. Don't you just love that?!

Recap: 1) we are stimulating economy (I'm not sure who's) by hiring a gardener. 2) he does it all for cheap. 3) his name is Gustavvo.

Jody says our next hire is a house cleaning service. But, I'm holding out for a butler named Jeeves.

No comments: