Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Climbed Diamond Head (and barely survived)

Diamond Head is no joke. It was so beautiful. The view from the top is amazing. You can see all of Waikiki, look down on the coral reef at the oceans edge, and view the entire park area we will be doing some ministry in. However, there is a dark side to Diamond Head.

It is a constant incline. Once you get to a certain point, you look up and see a steep staircase empty into a dark tunnel. We braved the climb and entered the darkness. The tunnel is really cool. I thought it would empty out @ the top, but no.

We came out of the tunnel only to find a 100 step set of stairs...straight up. Rob and I climbed them, and then darkness......

After I sat for a while (actually I was laying down pouring water on my head), I went up the short little spiral staircase to the top.

The view is definitely worth the climb. I will never forget how breath taking it was.

Check back later for Associational meeting results and Hanauma Bay news.

No comments: