Monday, March 16, 2009

Toe Flossing and The Tower of Terror

So, yeah. Ministry does have perks at times. This happens to be one of them. I am in Waikiki, Hawaii on a pre-trip in preparation for our Student Worship Choir tour here in June. Rob Signs and I are meeting with the Pastor of the church we are partnering with, touring the area, doing sight inspections @ various hotels, and developing a general plan for the trip.

We landed today and it has been amazing. The island is beautiful, but we have also seen some unexpected crazy stuff.

Picture this: you're driving down the road looking for a hotel. You see beach, palm trees, people in swim suits, and various stores. All of a sudden something insane catches your eye. It is a 70+ year old man on a bench with his corn chip toenails up in his lady's face. She doesn't seem to mind, and proceeds to rub his feet with lotion. As we continued to sit @ the red light, she then pulled out a towel and began flossing between the old guy's toes.

Call me crazy, but I was intensely disturbed.

The Tower of Terror is the nickname we have bestowed upon the elevator at the Queen Kapiolani hotel. It just drops!

More later. Keep checking back for the misadventures of Jeff and Rob.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Jeff! THAT IS PAINFULLY HILARIOUS! However...I have some sad news to share...Caleb should probably stop hangin out with Joey...you see, Joey flosses his toes quite regularly...it is his OCD. He will use his just-removed socks, his towels, dirty laundry...just about anything.

We have even had to make rules about it like...only in your room, only with YOUR dirty laundry and towels, etc. We think it stems from a one-time incident when he was two and I took his socks off and used them to get a little "fuzzy" out from between. He asked me, "Momma, whatcha doin?" I told him I was gettin out the "yuckies"....apparently, he thought I shouldn't be burdened with this task anymore and has done it ever since!

Yeah, I know....way TMI!

Enjoy your trip!