Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wellness in the Work Place

We've started a wellness program for the staff at Immanuel. I think it's a good idea, but I'm eager to see how many people stay with it. At this point, it's entirely optional. Our ministerial staff was in charge of leading the first session. It happens to be on "Stress". So, each minister has been given the charge of researching and teaching the staff about how to deal with personal and work related stress. Along with that, we have church-shaped stress balls for each person who attends, MAIN SQUEEZE brought by free health smoothies, Shelly Scarborough, an Immanuel Member and Medical Message Therapist, is here giving 20 minute message sessions to each person attending, and we are doing a drawing for some door prizes from Bed, Bath and Beyond . All in all, pretty cool stuff. It is exciting to see community businesses such as Shelly's, Bed, Bath and Beyond, and Main Squeeze get involved.

I feel less stress already....sorta.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything was great - I loved the massage!! The gift basket and samples were actually from Bath & Body Works. Common mistake.

Unknown said...

I LOVE Shelley! I see her every two weeks for my fibromyalgia, and of course stress relief, and fellowship! :-)