Sunday, September 14, 2008

Midnight Snacks

I don't know what they will be, but Jody and I are sitting up until midnight tonight with Caleb. Yes, we are letting our 8 year old stay up on a school night until midnight. And, NO, we're not crazy. When Caleb was younger he had seizures on a pretty regular basis. Seizures come in many forms, and his were hard to diagnose. He would just "space out" and be absent for anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of minutes. No reason. No rhyme.

He's been spacing out in school, so we're taking him for an EEG tomorrow. They want him extremely tired for the test, so they've instructed us to keep him up until midnight and to get him up at 5am. Jody is planning on taking him to IHOP at 5am. Have fun. Just don't let the door slam! (I'm sleeping)

So, please be in prayer for Caleb as we investigate to find out what's going on. He is at the top of his class in testing in every subject. But, he's not able to finish his work in class due to his "spacing out". So, his grades are not where they should be. But, he's an awesome kid. God's been good to us. I'll let you know when we find out what's going on. Thanks for your prayers.

5 comments:

Travis said...

Gosh...I didn't know about this. I will be praying tomorrow.

Sorry I missed your call. I won't call back tomorrow since you have some important things to take care of! Call when your day settles down.

Kath said...

Jeff, praying that the testing went okay. Keeping you all in prayer...

Cat said...

Jeff Just now checking out your blog. I'll be in prayer for Caleb. Please do let us know what they find out. God's on the throne and He's in control. Love you guys.

Jeff Bumgardner said...

Thank you so much for your prayers. It really does mean a lot to us!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this, Jeff. That's the way my daughter's started out when she was 10. They tried all kinds of meds on her, but none worked. I pray they will find something to work with Caleb. Stacey went to Loma Linda University, where they have very knowledgeable people. They are also the only hospital in the western US that have the implants that stop seizures. Anyway, feel free to e-mail me any time about this. And I'll keep you all on my prayer list.