Thursday, September 18, 2008

Abby Cat


So, our 6 year old, Abby, is a character. She makes us laugh. I'm not talking about the common chuckle, or even the on going cackle. I'm talking about the milk-spewing from the nostrils, I can't believe she just did that, stop it my sides are hurting, I can't take it no 'mo kind of laughing. She is hilarious. Her middle name is Catherine (after her mother), so we affectionately call her Abby Cat.

Well, 'ole Abby Cat wants to be a model. She loves to pose and be the center of attention. I have NO idea where she gets that from. Surely not either of her parents. Surely.

We just found out that FORD MODELING in Los Angeles has narrowed down a group of kids for a modeling contract with their agency. Abby is in the final 25 kids being considered for this honor. Now, before we get ahead of ourselves, the reality is that it is a long shot in the dark. Not only does the kid have to beat out others with tons of experience against her "no experience", but she has to be what they need right now. We've learned in recent months that it's not whether a kid CAN model, but instead what the agency needs. If they have other blond-haired blue-eyed kids, she won't go very far. However, if that's what they need the most, then she has a better shot. What an honor it would be to be with this agency. If they could just meet her once, I know they would be passing her a contract across a table covered in spewed out milk while grabbing their aching sides. (ref. above paragraph)

So, I thought we'd celebrate the top 25 with this blog while we have the chance. Congrats Abby Cat. Keep looking like your mother and you'll go far.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you changed your header...is that still you all blurry?

Jeff Bumgardner said...

The site hosting my old header went down, so I had to refigure a few things. I probably won't stay with this one long. This header is actually an original pitch that I turned down.

Kath said...

Congrats Abby!

Cat said...

What an achievement! Can you imagine how many kids they've looked at to narrow it down to 25! Congrats Abby Cat (great middle name by the way!)